Day 1, Monday: Arrival to Athens. Transfer to the hotel.
Day 2, Tuesday: Enjoy a tour of Athens, combining many of the cities principal modern and classical sights. This tour includes an overview of the modern city and striking contrasts to the remains of its glorious past. Drive by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in front of the Parliament House on Constitution Square, the Panathenian Stadium (site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896). See the Presidential Palace (ex Royal Palace), government buildings and elegant homes. Drive along Panepistimiou Avenue and see the Catholic Cathedral, the Academy, University, National Library and Omonia Square. In contrast, we visit the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and the crowning beauty and glory that was Athens, the Acropolis with its many monuments atop its rocky base, including the awesome Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike and the Erechtheum with its Porch of Maidens. We also visit the Acropolis Museum. Afternoon is free. Overnight in Athens.
Day 3, Wednesday: After breakfast we drive to DELPHI through LEVADIA and ARACHOVA. Two hours at leisure (visits to the archaeological site and the Museum in Delphi are not included). Depart for KALAMBAKA Drive through the towns of Central Greece (AMPHISSA, LAMIA and TRIKALA) crossing the Thessalian plain, the granary of GREECE, to reach KALAMBAKA. Dinner and overnight in Kalambaka.
Day 4, Thursday: Morning visit of the breathtaking METEORA and its monasteries built on the top of high rocks. Then start the drive back to ATHENS passing through THERMOPYLAE where LEONIDAS was killed (visit) and KAMMENA VOURLA. Evening free. Overnight in Athens.
Day 5, Friday: After breakfast departure to the airport.
- 3 nights at a centrally located hotel in Athens with breakfast
- 1 night in Kalambaka with breakfast and dinner
- group sightseeing tours accompanied by an English speaking guide
- entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- pick up from the hotel and drop back for the tour
- all local taxes & charges
- tips to guides, drivers, hotel staff etc.
- personal expenses
- portage in the hotels and at the airport
- drinks during lunches & dinners
- travel & medical insurance
- other expenses
- any services that are not mentioned as included